the one about unexpected fun nights

i love nights where you think you aren't going to stay out late, aren't going to drink much, you aren't looking to meet anyone...and then all of the above happens! so last night, i attended a wetting-down party at a local bar. it was pretty awesome, all you could drink beer/wine and all around good times. when my girls and i walked into the bar, we were pretty cold since we had walked there. right when we walked in, a guy came up and introduced himself to us. he said his name was michael. as we were shaking hands, i kind of refused to let his hand go because it was so warm. i told him this and then he really concentrated on warming my hands...it was kinda cute. right off the bat, i liked this guy's style. he had this cute little beret on and it was adorable. we entered the party and proceeded to have a really good time. everyone there was super nice and i got a chance to talk to hand warmer a few times during the evening. i decided early on that i was totally in love with hand warmer. well, not really, but it was fun to say it.

towards the end of the night, i had lost track of hand warmer. i was convinced that he had already left and was slightly bummed. then...he appeared!! somehow, hand warmer, one of the new lieutenants, l, and i all decided that since we were being kicked out of the bar, we needed to move on to another one. so we did. and it was delightful. i learned that hand warmer is an alabama fan! and had even been to some of the same game watch parties that i go to!! seriously, what are the odds? so he is kind of cute, i'm kind of smitten and the night was kind of amazing. here's hoping he calls. :)

7 comments:

The Socialite said...

Awesome!

CeCe said...

Sounds awesome, and very similar to how I met PT, the guy I discuss occasionally on my blog. Unexpected meetings are often the best. Here's hoping it develops into something interesting and lovely!

Laura said...

SUCH a fun night! also, i love that wikipedia entry. did you read it? it's pretty hysterical.

Anonymous said...

The Hand warmer sounds like a winner...*hi-5 & hugs*

-MJ

Jeri said...

Just wanted to let you know that I read your blog (I was cruising around) and I enjoyed reading about you and what you are doing.

CeCe said...

I decided to write this here instead of as a reply comment on my blog cause I figured you'd be more likely to read this, lol. But if you're interested in my PT stories, I've started another blog dedicated to just my love life, instead of all the various things happening in my life. It's at: http://quitethelovelife.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

that was cute! i hope someday i'll be sharing something like that on my blog.