so, i thought i was done bitching for the night. but actually i'm not. i read far too many blogs and websites during the average day. what can i say, that's just what happens when you're unemployed. i've seen a lot of things lately calling for a boycott of the new york post due to that terrible cartoon that they published last week. people are really up in arms about it.
Posted by Courtney @ Eat Pray Run DC at 2/26/2009 11:19:00 PM
yep, i'm feeling pretty bitchy, so if i were you (especially you Banker and AHS) i'd skip this one. i'm just so irritated and fed up. really it's about 97% the Banker and about 3% AHS. so maybe AHS can read this. but the Banker shoud really skip it.
so, as i've mentioned match guy and i were supposed to meet up for lunch this week. i suggested tuesday or wednesday and he just suggested thursday. and gave me his number to call him! i don't like the phone w/people i don't know. do i have to call him? or can i just email him back? also, i don't know how i feel about thursday. i was planning on going to this game night thing in the city. perhaps i should suggest we meet there? i need HELP!!
Posted by Courtney @ Eat Pray Run DC at 2/24/2009 10:06:00 PM
i just had a fantastic weekend in VA, on a "ski" trip with friends from LS. i didn't ski, but relaxed and just really had a wonderful time. we got in late friday, partied until about 4:30 am and then chilled out all saturday. it was so fun, but i was a little bummed we couldn't go tubing. oh well, next time for sure.
Posted by Courtney @ Eat Pray Run DC at 2/22/2009 10:10:00 PM
Posted by Courtney @ Eat Pray Run DC at 2/20/2009 07:14:00 PM
Posted by Courtney @ Eat Pray Run DC at 2/17/2009 11:47:00 PM
Posted by Courtney @ Eat Pray Run DC at 2/15/2009 08:32:00 PM
Posted by Courtney @ Eat Pray Run DC at 2/15/2009 12:12:00 AM
when i was 12 or 13, i met this guy. we'll call him TS. TS and i became fast friends and eventually it grew to something more. i don't exactly know how to describe it. we were best friends and romantic interest was there, but not there. does that make any sense? by the time i was 15, i was certain that i was in love, although we were never in a relationship and always dated other people. he was my best friend but so much more. and he was awful for me. anyone who knew me way back then (MJ, LH, etc) can tell you that. he was a "bad boy" and to put it lightly, was definitely bad for me. the thing is, during that time, i thought that i was doing the right thing by keeping him in my life.
i admit it, i can't escape this chris brown / rihanna mess. i just read an excellent letter on huffington post that i think is so well written. here's the link http://www.huffingtonpost.com/charlotte-hilton-andersen/an-open-letter-to-rihanna_b_165472.html and that's all i have to say about that. :)
Posted by Courtney @ Eat Pray Run DC at 2/11/2009 11:41:00 PM
Posted by Courtney @ Eat Pray Run DC at 2/10/2009 09:37:00 PM
hey, so about that scary age thing. it has NOTHING to do with actual age. it's just a basic formula. scary age = current age + 2. i don't think 28 (or any other age, really) is some inherently scary thing. i just like the idea of giving myself two years to find my "jamie" :) that's all, i swear.
Posted by Courtney @ Eat Pray Run DC at 2/09/2009 04:06:00 PM
i had a very vivid dream last night...the kind where you wake up disappointed. i had a dream that i was dating some guy named jamie (anyone know a cute jamie??) and he had just proposed. with a HUGE ass rock. and then gave me a beautiful diamond bracelet. i know where the dream came from - i was watching platinum weddings last night before i went to bed and my ring/bracelet looked exactly like the girl's on that show. what's kind of amusing is that i barely remember jamie from the dream. in fact, he faded shortly after he gave me the ring/bracelet. but i do remember his parents. especially his dad. his dad loved me and his mom was the most adorable thing ever. it was so cute. and the ring was so pretty. i woke up and looked at my hand and sighed.
Posted by Courtney @ Eat Pray Run DC at 2/09/2009 11:27:00 AM
random, but i'm sitting here listening to some otis redding and i swear, that if a man sang to me and sounded like him, that'd be it. there is just something so appealing about that sound, that voice. it sounds so much older than his years (otis redding was only 26 when he was killed in that plane crash). i love old music. the sounds, the actual bands, i love it all. now, i love new music too...but they are very few 21st century songs that have made me think "oh wow...i'd marry the man who sang that to me". damn, otis...
this is not very exciting, but hey, it's all i got. the Socialite recently wrote a blog entitled watching paint dry so i don't feel so bad about not living the most exciting life right now :)
Posted by Courtney @ Eat Pray Run DC at 2/06/2009 11:21:00 PM
i forgot to write last night about this weird guy who i encountered on the train ride home. when i hopped on the train, it was quite empty and so i sat in a row of seats facing the front of the train and stretched my feet out on the row of seats in front of me facing the interior of the train. a couple stops after i hop on, this guy gets on. even though 3/4 of the train is empty he sits in the seat where i'm resting my feet. so even though i'm pissed, i move my feet. and he's like, no, no keep your feet up. i just shake my head and move my feet. for the next 15 minutes or so, the guy keeps encouraging me to put my feet back up on the seat. and he keeps staring at me. at this point, i start to feel really sick, like i might even have to get off the train. psycho/foot fetish guy KEEPS staring and i'm starting to get really freaked out. so i just start reading twilight (woot woot! thanks LS BFF!) until he finally got off two stops before i did. ugh. i love the convenience of the train but hate the crazies.
Posted by Courtney @ Eat Pray Run DC at 2/05/2009 01:25:00 PM
so, i'm apparently a little too used to living walking distance from pretty much every bar i go to. tonight i had dinner with LS BFF, Lifeboat and MS and i only had a couple glasses of wine and a cocktail. apparently that's all it takes. because i felt like i was goingto die on the metro ride home. and still kind of feel that way. damn. i had a point to writing this.
Posted by Courtney @ Eat Pray Run DC at 2/05/2009 12:32:00 AM
so everyone on fb is doing these "25 things" surveys where they list 25 things about themselves. i am jumping on the bandwagon but only on this blog...
- i adore the children of my family and friends, but if we're not close, chances are good that i'm much more interested in meeting your dog rather than your children.
- that being said, i'm quite certain i want to have children some day. however, the idea of giving birth to something the size of my dog is terrifying and i'm strongly considering adoption.
- i love to learn. i always enjoyed school and if i could afford it i'd be a professional student -- 3L year of LS was amazing!
- i really enjoy a glass of wine at the end of a day.
- i love amusement parks. i used to be terrified of roller coasters until i was about 12 and my sister tricked me into riding on one. now, i love them. even though they still scare me shitless.
- sometime in college i became terrified of horror movies. i think it was around the same time i saw the ring and the Ex was out of town. since then, i will not watch a scary movie unless i know for certain that i am having some kind of sleepover. and the Dog doesn't count.
- i am constantly humbled by how blessed i am. i am working on being more thankful.
- i am also trying to be a better listener and to really focus on one thing at a time. i find it really difficult to not multitask. my friends probably notice that they get a lot of phone calls while i'm driving/walking the dog/doing laundry/etc. i'm working on it.
- i LOVE dining out. i think it's one of life's pleasures to share a meal with a loved one.
- music is incredibly important to me. i associate certain songs with seasons, people, and experiences. i have 8 days worth of songs on iTunes and it continues to grow.
- i have never lived in one place more than four years consecutively. i'm looking to change this.
- i like step classes, kickboxing classes and dance classes. they are cheesy but fun and really good stress relievers.
- my life isn't exactly what i imagined when i was say, 20, but i'm happy for that. all the changes make it interesting.
- i can cop an attitude quicker than you can say "boo", but i'm really quite sensitive.
- i am 5'2.5 and i love being short.
- i gained probably 25 pounds my first semester of LS. once i took them back off, i became incredibly weight conscious. i don't talk about it to many people, but i realize i probably have an unhealthy obsession with weight.
- i'm incredibly curious about what my husband is going to be like.
- i have had wonderful educational experiences. i attended 3 very different high schools, a fantastic college and an excellent law school.
- i really believe in education. i am hopeful that president obama will help fix our schools, starting with no child left behind. in my mind, that act is one of the biggest mistakes in education in recent history.
- oftentimes when i hear music, i imagine a scene in an imaginary movie that is playing out while the song is playing.
- i am much closer to my father than my mother. i'm working on improving my relationship with my mother and being more patient with her.
- i am constantly planning my wedding reception in my head. and with select friends. i'm not ready to get married - i just want the party!
- i could eat pizza 3x a day, everyday for the rest of my life and be content. as it is, i eat it probably 4x a week. however, because of my weight obsession, i mostly eat lean cuisine. i have learned to love it!
- i was surprised by how devastated i was when i lost my college ring this summer. it really made me sad. of course i found it after i purchased a new one (for almost $500!)
- i have always wanted to be a writer, but have never pursued it because i worry i'd never be good enough/have enough to say. so i write this blog to fulfill my urge to write. i am grateful to my friends who take the time to read it :)
Posted by Courtney @ Eat Pray Run DC at 2/02/2009 06:26:00 PM
so, i made it to dc. yay! my BFF came down and helped and now i'm home. it's nice, but very strange. essentially, i've gone from having 1,200 square feet of living space to now having approximately 350 square feet that i can claim as my own (my room + my very spacious closet!) - but its free and that's definitely what i need right now.