Posted by Courtney @ Eat Pray Run DC at 12/15/2009 11:57:00 PM
- i am thankful for a roof (actually multiple roofs) over my head and that i never have to wonder where my next meal will come from
- i am thankful for family who continuously love and support me
- i am thankful for friends who inspire me and are always a comfort
- i am thankful for the sweetest little puppy dog in the world
- i am thankful for education which has allowed me pursue my dreams
- i am thankful for my health
- i am thankful to live in the united states. though i am sometimes unhappy with certain things that happen in this country, i recognize that just being born in the u.s. is a blessing and i am thankful for it
- i am thankful for our military -- i am awed by the decisions and risks our service members take and i am grateful
- i am thankful for dvr. seriously, i love it.
- i am thankful all the men i have loved and the men that have loved me. i've learned a lot about myself through those relationships and i wouldn't take back any of it
- i am thankful for my 15 year old self keeping a journal so i can look back and reflect on how crazy i was!
- i am thankful for hope and the promise of new adventures.
Posted by Courtney @ Eat Pray Run DC at 10/25/2009 11:37:00 PM
Posted by Courtney @ Eat Pray Run DC at 10/15/2009 12:09:00 PM
is it wrong that i sometimes listen to pachebel's canon in d multiple times on repeat? because i do. :)
Posted by Courtney @ Eat Pray Run DC at 9/27/2009 04:08:00 PM
Posted by Courtney @ Eat Pray Run DC at 9/18/2009 02:38:00 PM
Posted by Courtney @ Eat Pray Run DC at 9/03/2009 12:56:00 PM
Posted by Courtney @ Eat Pray Run DC at 9/02/2009 10:02:00 PM
Posted by Courtney @ Eat Pray Run DC at 8/31/2009 11:18:00 PM
Posted by Courtney @ Eat Pray Run DC at 8/10/2009 12:13:00 AM
Posted by Courtney @ Eat Pray Run DC at 7/31/2009 09:45:00 PM
i've moved! it's official. on friday, the dog and i picked up and moved 22 miles into washington, d.c. we love it. we're just about unpacked and i now have a 15 minute (thanks lifeboat!) commute to work which is awesome. i am also less than a mile from u street, which everyone knows i'm obsessed with. all in all, i'm pretty freakin' happy. i promise i'll be back soon with a longer post and some more interesting stories :)
Posted by Courtney @ Eat Pray Run DC at 7/27/2009 05:58:00 PM
Posted by Courtney @ Eat Pray Run DC at 7/13/2009 09:43:00 PM
for all y'all who are like me and curious, here is the link to my program...
Posted by Courtney @ Eat Pray Run DC at 7/07/2009 09:43:00 PM
Posted by Courtney @ Eat Pray Run DC at 7/07/2009 08:51:00 PM
Posted by Courtney @ Eat Pray Run DC at 6/28/2009 10:26:00 PM
- dirty diana -- that line where he sings "she said he's not coming back because he's sleeping with me" was ridiculous. even at a young age, i knew that this diana lady was up to no good.
- pyt -- i will forever and always love pyt. such a classic
- man in the mirror
- billie jean -- again, just like with dirty diana, i knew that mj had ran across some sketchy ladies.
- don't stop til you get enough -- just the intro music to this song is enough to make me run out to the dance floor.
- beat it -- the dancing!!
- smooth criminal -- that video was so freakin' sick. absolutely incredible.
- off the wall -- LOVE it
- and of course, wanna be startin' something!
Posted by Courtney @ Eat Pray Run DC at 6/27/2009 09:08:00 PM
- a man who has a college education. call it snobby, call it judgmental, call it what you want. i've dated a man who did not go to college and there were problems. the fact that he didn't go to college didn't really bother me, but he was always throwing my education back in my face. like in a fight, he'd say things like "well, i didn't go to [insert name of my college/law school] and so i must be an idiot." dealing with his inferiority complex got old REAL quick
- a man with an opinion. if you know me, you know i am quite opinionated. i like trading ideas and hearing what others think. if a man's standard response to questions is "i don't know", then it ain't gonna work.
- a man who is confident. i have a strong personality and i need someone who is not afraid to call me out on my shit. i am aware that this is what i need. if i intimidate you, then it won't ever work. if you aren't confident, then i will run all over your ass. it sounds terrible, but, hey, at least i acknowledge it :)
- a considerate man. of course, like most outgoing people, i still have insecurities and want to be appreciated. i can't handle rudeness. i got over dating "bad boys" in high school.
- a man who likes dogs. or at the very least likes my dog. sasha fierce is a huge part of my life and if you can't get down with that, it won't work. sasha fierce is awesome and if you don't appreciate that, we won't get along.
- a man who has his life together. shit doesn't have to be perfect, but i'm not interested in hanging around while you "find yourself".
- i need a man who loves food as much as i do. need i say more?
- my friends are a big part of my life and i want my man to love that and to love my friends.
- that being said, i want to know your friends, too. i want to be a part of your life if we are going to be together.
- i need someone who is willing to make time for me. i require attention. i am going to want to talk to you everyday if we are in a relationship. i'm going to want to hang out with you a couple times a week if we're in a relationship. if we never see each other and we never talk, then why am i dating you exclusively? i don't think i'm crazy about this and am usually pretty laid back about it. suffice to say that if consistently text me on thursdays asking to kick it at 10pm on a friday night, we won't work out. does that make sense?
Posted by Courtney @ Eat Pray Run DC at 6/21/2009 08:11:00 PM
Posted by Courtney @ Eat Pray Run DC at 6/14/2009 07:17:00 PM
Posted by Courtney @ Eat Pray Run DC at 6/13/2009 01:49:00 PM
- i do not think he is ready to marry this woman. i saw the ex when i was in atlanta for my college reunion and he did not appear in the least like a man who was excited to be getting married in a few months. he told BFF and i how he and his fiance haven't had relations in forever. i mean, really?! first, the fact that he told us is a big sign. why on earth would you share that information with your ex girlfriend and her best friend?? second, why the heck aren't they behaving like rabbits?? from what i've heard, the sex is supposed to go AFTER you are married, not before. i know from experience with the ex that no loving = NOT a happy relationship.
- going along with number 1, the ex sent a few inappropriate texts that weekend while i was in atlanta. nothing crazy, just things that i know his fiance would not appreciate.
- of course, an obvious reason i don't like it is just because. the ex and i went through hell and back together and though i know its over and have moved on, it is incredibly strange that he is marrying someone else.
i can't articulate the words, but luckily doria roberts has done it for me:
Posted by Courtney @ Eat Pray Run DC at 5/15/2009 12:10:00 AM
- it's a reality show about something positive. don't get me wrong, i love trashy "reality" shows like the hills, the real housewives series, etc. but it's nice to settle in every tuesday night with a show that's about something we can all relate to: losing weight.
- bob and jillian are awesome. i have been doing the new biggest loser bootcamp video and that shit is tough. bob kicks ass. jillian isn't on the video, but watch the show. she kicks ass too.
- the show freaking saves lives. i am often brought to tears seeing the transformations that take place on the show. it's incredible and such a good reminder of what some good ole fashioned hard work can do. everyone wants a quick fix for losing weight, but there is none. surgery doesn't always work. extreme diets can't last. but working out and eating healthfully works. and this show proves that time and time again.
Posted by Courtney @ Eat Pray Run DC at 5/12/2009 09:45:00 PM
Posted by Courtney @ Eat Pray Run DC at 4/30/2009 07:37:00 PM
- hot days. i complain, but secretly i love when it is socially acceptable to be half naked in public due to the heat.
- being single. again, i complain, but there is nothing more fun than the promise of someone new.
- long lost friends discovering me on facebook. that first look at someone's profile is thrilling. i love it.
- having a dog. nothing better, i swear.
- summer eating. light meals, lots of seafood, delicious tomatoes. yummy!
- agnes scott college.
- lazy days that seem to stretch on forever.
- pineapple. especially if eaten in hawaii.
- summer dresses. holla!
- karaoke. i will never tire of it.
Posted by Courtney @ Eat Pray Run DC at 4/26/2009 06:04:00 PM
as most of you know, i absolutely LOVE my college. i had the best experience and adore all things agnes. well, tomorrow i get to go back and live life like it's 2004! amazingly, tomorrow begins my reunion weekend at good ole agnes -- 5 years! and am i excited? i'm freaking like a kid on christmas eve. so, you might ask, what kinds of things will we be doing this weekend? well, here's a few:
- singing "beer beer beer for ol agnes scott. you bring the whiskey, i'll bring the scotch" with current students and other alumna, ranging in age from 22 to 82, most of them drunk. i'm not joking.
- touring our beautiful campus.
- throwing recently engaged classmates in our alumni pond. it's a great tradition i hope to carry out myself someday :)
- drinking. lots of drinking.
- and lots, lots, lots more!
Posted by Courtney @ Eat Pray Run DC at 4/15/2009 11:17:00 PM
Posted by Courtney @ Eat Pray Run DC at 4/13/2009 10:19:00 PM
Posted by Courtney @ Eat Pray Run DC at 4/12/2009 10:38:00 PM
and i ain't talkin about beyonce. my mini doxie, sasha, is one of the best things in my life. first of all, she's cute as a button. seriously. look at that picture. but in addition, having a puppy gave my life a certain level of responsibility and structure that feels good. i suppose it's similar to having children in that respect, but much easier :) i mean, even when things are bad, when i feel kind of down, because of sasha, life goes on. sasha still needs to eat, drink, pee and poop. and thus, because my puppy needs to continue business as usual, i continue business as usual. but really -- who could be sad when looking at that face??!
...and by the one, i mean the 50th one about dating :). i've decided to issue a challenge/request to my friends. as well all know, i'm pretty fabulous. :) i think i'm just about ready to meet a man who is just as fabulous. and, my friends are pretty freaking fabulous as well. so, it only makes sense that my fabulous friends introduce me to their other single fabulous men friends. so, i'm asking: if you live in the dc area (i'm not doing long distance), think of one super fabulous friend that you think i would get along with. once you have that friend in mine, let's go out and get a drink.
you may have noticed i've been posting less. that would be because i'm perpetually exhausted thanks to my 2+ hour (roundtrip) commute each day. the good news is i'm making money - working as a temp attorney doing document review. the bad news is the commute makes me ready for bed by about 7:30pm. boo to the commute. i don't know how people do this on a regular basis. once i get a permanent job (still working on it, but am beginning to schedule interviews) i'll be looking for a place in the district. i am supposed to be moving in with LS BFF in august but i don't think i can wait that long, unfortunately. i feel like an old lady! i need to reclaim my life! damn you, commute!
i have a confession to make. i'm a single 26 year old who has been living at home since feb. 1... and i've kind of enjoyed it. there. i said it. i thought that living at home temporaily was going to suck, to be honest. but it's been a pleasant surprise. the Parents have helped out with the dog, given me money (holla!) and in general been cool. my mom and i have done a ton of touristy things around the city, which is fun. and i think it's given mom and i a chance to really improve our relationship. not that it's ever been awful, but it's no secret that i've always been a daddy's girl.
yesterday while reading the wapo, i came across this great article. about 3% of d.c. residents are known to have hiv/aids. that's a higher rate than west africa. and that's just known cases. that's horrifying.
there is this line in a pink song where she wonders: "how did we get so mean? how do we just move on?" i was listening to it this evening and i started wondering the same things. how do you go from thinking you could marry someone to refusing to take their phone calls? is it as simple as saying that they simply were not the "one"? or is it deeper than that? is it that they somehow betrayed your trust or let you down just too many times? and even so, why do thing sometimes get so ugly?
Posted by Courtney @ Eat Pray Run DC at 3/02/2009 12:35:00 AM
so, i thought i was done bitching for the night. but actually i'm not. i read far too many blogs and websites during the average day. what can i say, that's just what happens when you're unemployed. i've seen a lot of things lately calling for a boycott of the new york post due to that terrible cartoon that they published last week. people are really up in arms about it.
Posted by Courtney @ Eat Pray Run DC at 2/26/2009 11:19:00 PM